Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I would like to give a shout out to all the moms out there today because it's Mother's Day! I know for sure that it isn't misplaced in this blog because my mother has been a large part of my growth in God and Christ. 
How a mother raises you deeply affects who you are. I, personally, am so proud and honored to write this for her, something so small in comparison for everything she does for me. I am proud when people say that I'm like her, even though she probably thinks I get embarrassed, but I don't. Mostly. I am so blessed to have been raised by her and my dad because I would have been a totally different person without them. I know it's obvious, but strange to think about.
Mom has put up with so much. I'm not the cleanest or quickest or most gentle or unlaziest or most selfless person in the world, and she has to ask me something ten billion times before I think to do it. But she deals with it gracefully, and I'm attempting to be more responsible. Sometimes I even succeed now.
Also, pretty much every morning we'll talk about revelations we had and God and prayers. We'll read a daily devotion called Jesus Calling or something, too, and it really hits home most of the time. Even when I don't feel like talking about God and I'm pushing her away she'll read or talk and I'll just hit myself on the head. Then my day will be awesome and filled with potential for Christ.  I end up coming to a lot for her counsil, just like the ideal woman's kids ask for her advice in Proverbs 31.
I love you, Mom! Thank you for being there for me! Happy Mother's Day!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brooke! I'm blessed to have a daughter as wonderful as you!

    ReplyDelete